That means your soil is rich in organic matter. Never eat wild mushrooms. Only an expert can tell if they will kill you or not. There is no problem with wild mushrooms growing in your vegetable garden. The poisonous kind can not transfer their toxicity to vegetables. References :
Like your post. It’s true, mushrooms shows the soil is rich. I also have a vegetable garden but in Australia. I will however revisit your blog for further great information on the vegetable garden. Have a look at my blog at http://vegygardener.blogspot.com/ if you wish to see what I do in my patch. Cheers and all the best. Steve the Vegygardener.
Hi, On my daily walks I have come across an edible mushroom that has pushed up through the Tarmac of the pavement, with such vigour,that an area about one metre square is virtually destroyed. I’m convinced the fungi is a white-cap, and I would love to transfer the growth to my garden.
As the pavement is very near to a school, the childre get great delight in kicking the emerging growth to pieces as soon as it appeares, so I would love to know if it is possible to dig down for some mycilium(?) and bury it in horse manure at my address? Anyone got an idea?